Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sylvie and Sophie in my altered recipe book

It's been awhile since I worked in my altered recipe book, so I spent what I thought was going to be a short amount of time creating these two spreads. Ironically, they took most of the day to finish. First, I found the two stove images in a book of kitchen equipment and turned them into tape transfers. The transfers were really great (click to see them up close and personal), but it took about an hour to get all the paper backing off them. Then I decided to find the words in books for the title. What a hoot!! I went through four books and spent hours looking for the different words. I ended up printing the words "Sophie" and "different." Who'd "a'thunk." Little girls are by Paper Whimsey.

1 thoughtful remarks:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

clever and so original E! Love your golden candy wrappers, brilliant idea to stabilize them too!