Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The School Marm

I named this piece "The School Marm" because of the title on the sheet music and because she looks like a spinster. Originally I planned to do more nature printing using several of the various pieces that now grace the page. As I was laying things out, I realized I could more easily mess up the cabinet card by nature printing than by adhering the original leaves. I used gel medium (matte) to adhere everything. I hoard it and only use it when nothing else will work. For leaves and flower petals, gel medium is the only thing I'll use. I thought about this piece a long time, so it came together rather quickly. It's a good thing because I'll be running around most of the day preparing for our Block Party tonight.