Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is here!

Maybe spring hasn't bloomed on the calendar, but it's alive on this ATC, made special by the German scrap bee (or could it be a wasp?) gifted me by Cindy. Originally I planned to place it in the upper left corner of the ATC, but it just didn't look right. After placing the bee on the leaves, I decided to cut off some of the unwanted empty space in the corner of the ATC. The flower came from junk mail in my mailbox.

Tip: wait for your gold leafing to dry before touching it. I accidentally drug my wrist through the gold leaf while moving the bee around. I should have known better, since this is not the first time I've done it!

2 thoughtful remarks:

Anonymous said...

love this colorful piece...and cutting off the corner was inspired!

Mary said...

This ATC is lovely. I love the colors, the little bee and that you made part of your ATC curved.

Mary