Sunday, March 1, 2009

A birthday gift for my friend

My dear friend K_ _ _ _ is having a birthday today, so I made this for her. Not what I wanted to make, but what I had on hand. I already had the "K" created from a faux credit card I scuffed up with sandpaper and painted with red and gold fluid acrylics. Everything else, except the ribbon, rick rack, and gold keys were scraps I had left over from other projects, including the typewriter word from 7 Gypsies. I hurriedly put this piece together in order to get it to her on time.
For the back, I used a magazine image and a butterfly over the cranberry and yellow color washes that I first sprayed on the piece, then swirled while still wet. I blanked out her name in Photoshop in case she hadn't received it before I posted.

3 thoughtful remarks:

jgr said...

WOW! You are amazing, this is a very nice piece especially since it came from 'scraps'. Now you've inspired me to go through my own scrap-heap!

Kate said...

It is wonderful and I treasure it my friend!

Anonymous said...

Love your choice!! It is prefect birthday gift...