Saturday, August 16, 2008

I made this book from Behr brand paint chips for my friend Joseph "Panhead" Peck. You can see the book in its entirety, which has over 50 pages, which means over 100 spreads.
This is the long term project I have been working on for nearly a month.
Joseph called me tonight and told me he had received it. I'm now willing to share it with the world.
It is my first ever art journal. I learned a lot working on this book. It was, I must admit, a true labor of love and the largest paint chip book I've ever made.

6 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

Amazing labor of love! I checked out the full book...I'd have had a hard time giving it away. :)

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

You take recycling to the next level.

Maxine

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, this book is so awesome! I love it!

Linda Manning Findley said...

VERY smart and looks like it's a true wonder ..... Linda F

Anonymous said...

WOW! your travel book is awesome! you must have been creating round the clock to finish this in a relatively short time...wonderful job, and great spreads--you are the queen of recycle!

also love how you include instructions & projects on your blog...hmmm...I should get with it ...

SusyC said...

Hi Elizabeth, I know it is a looooong time since this post, but I stumbled onto your gorgeous blog today for the first time and have been transfixed. I have a real thing for paint chips, so tried to view the entire journal. Alas, it first told me that the blog had been moved but when I went to the new blog, only red crosses in small boxes were where the pics should have been? I have looked at some of my settings to see if I could solve the problem (not yet) and just wondered if it was because the journal is no longer available to view?? I couldn't find a contact icon and I hope this post shows up somewhere as a new one lol. Many thanks. SusyC