Friday, June 13, 2008

Birthday card for my friend

My friend Joseph's birthday was the 9th of June. I was lucky to be able to spend it with him. I decided to make him a card using just the things I found around his house, along with a few things I brought with me.

The outside of the card is shown above. I used an ad I brought with me for the background. It was a last minute thing I stuck in my art supplies and I don't even know what it was advertising. The bi-plane was cut from a "Trader Joe's" bag. The card on the back isn't glued to the background. You can view either side of the sentiment. The symbolism? I flew here to wish Joseph a happy birthday.


The inside images are also from the same "Trader Joe's" bag. I even left the "Trader Joe" image for reference. The background is more of my painted rosin paper. Between the ATCs and the inside of this birthday card, it is all gone, except for a one inch piece. The card inside the pocket celebrates the event. I thought the message the gal was saying was just too perfect. Click on the images for a better view.

1 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

Awesome card! I love Trader Joe's! I always bring my own bags though so I haven't gotten any fun ones like that.