Friday, May 2, 2008

Third set of circles for Anniversary Swap

These circles started with a potato. But, I forgot to take a photo of the potato until it was all dried up. I really wish these "stamps" would last a bit longer than they do, but it can't be helped, I guess. The circle shows the 5 after it was stamped.
Here are several of the finished ones. I was planning to add 5 different things around the stamped 5, then realized I would be covering up much of the 5 if I did so. So, I opted for adding just my name and relevant information.
I began by painting the background with pink acrylic paint, the spritzed two different color wash colors (cranberry and raisin) on the circles. When dry, I stamped the 5 using beige glaze.
I took the circles outside because the weather was nice, and spray painted them with gold enamel. I coated three chipboard letters with repositionable glue (Wacky Tack) on the back, When dry, I positioned them on the circles and spray painted a maroonish red spray paint over the top. I was over half way through the process when I remembered I had an image on the reverse side. So, some of the letters are "wonky," which I decided are artsy rather than rejects. After all, the potato stamp was long gone into my compost pile. I have to admit, my fingers got really sticky with red enamel paint before I was finished. And each time I removed the chipboard letters, my fingers stuck even more.
To complete these, I added a puzzle piece to hide the gold brad that held the clock hands in place.

0 thoughtful remarks: