Friday, October 19, 2007

Vintage pages for a round robin

I've been silent lately, mainly because I have been prepping my moldy basement for repair. That involved removing all the moldy things in it, which has been an ordeal. On the bright side, our annual neighborhood cleanup is tomorrow, so I can get all those moldy trash bags and drywall hauled away for FREE!!

Update: a picture of my friend Scott, who, after we tore out the moldy wall in the basement, helped with the neighborhood cleanup.

I have been working on my Asian book, but have not posted any photos. I want to wait till the book is finished, then post all at once, probably on a blog created just for it.



For now, I'm taking an Asian break and working on my friend Kathy's Vintage book. We each have one and work in Round Robin fashion.



Here are my latest entries.
Kathy's vintage RR book is so large, the left page is the only one that is mostly all there. Part of the bottom and top are cut off, but all is there width-wise. The same can't be said for the right side.
Both pages use calendar images from three different calendars, various pattered papers for the right background, and a dressmaker pattern for a background on the left.




For my second spread, I used more calendar images and original vintage (1925) sheet music. Click on the photos for an up close look at these. I call them "fussy cuts."

2 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

Not seeing the cats...glad to hear you're still alive and kickin' after dealing with the mold!!

I'd be a mess...major mold allergies!! We are having a record rainy fall after our drought summer...paying the allergy price now!

Eastjewels said...

Elizabeth....your RR entries are beautiful. Sorry about your basement, been there done that and it is not pretty. Bluebeard looks handsome though. Linda